Home-screen Buttons on Your Mobile
Owing to the many breakthroughs in technology, mobile phones have transformed from simple call-handling phones to sophisticated smart devices with music-playing, photographing, web-surfing and computing capabilities. These days, more and more mobile phones are being used to surf the web and search for web content, a trend that many mobile manufacturers have been quick to notice. Hence, these manufacturers have also laid more emphasis on web-surfing capabilities and web-utilities of their mobile products.
IPhone, Android, Windows Mobile or Black Berry Smartphones offer customers added convenience when it comes to web-functions. For instance, do you know that you can add a ‘quick-access’ website link to your mobile home-screen for convenience? Well, if you don’t then this article will be a useful tutorial for you.
Adding a Home Screen Weblink
If you are an IPhone user, this is how you add website shortcuts to your iPad home screen:
- Open Safari web browser
- Enter the name of the website that you would like to link to your home screen
- Press the ‘Add’ button next to the address bar
- From the drop-down menu select Add to home screen
When you are done successfully linking the web-link to your IPhone home-screen, the device will automatically navigate you to the where the shortcut has been added in the home-screen. As with application icons, you can move web-link icons around at your pleasure.
Adding a web-link to the home screen requires a little more time and understanding for Android based smart-devices. This is how it is done:
- Open the web browser and navigate to the desired page
- Bookmark the webpage
- In the home-screen, press-and-hold in empty space and the “Add to Home Screen” menu will appear
- First select “Shortcuts” and then “Bookmark”
- Choose your bookmark
BlackBerry users can also add website shortcuts to their home-screen which provides quick and easy access. Adding weblinks to the home-screen is a simple 4-step process:
- Navigate to the specific website that you want to bookmark
- Touch the button and from the dropdown menu select ‘Add to Home Screen’
- If you desire to change the name of the home-screen bookmark type a new name
- You can additionally change where the shortcut will appear in the ‘Location’ field
- For adding the shortcut to the Favorites panel, select ‘Mark as Favorite’ checkbox
- Finally click on ‘Add’
Windows Phone OS
If you carry a Windows Phone and are a frequent net browser, you may find it useful to include a web address or link a webpage to your Home Screen. You can achieve this in the following steps:
- First of all open Internet Explorer
- Visit the webpage you would like to add
- Tap your finger on the three Dots that appear at the bottom right corner of your phone and drag it up to view the options menu
- Select “pin to start” menu and this will add the webpage to your Home Screen
Adding web links to the home screen is especially useful for the time-conscious. Furthermore, it is useful for people who like to bookmark interesting websites that they come across. It is also convenient because the home screen is the most frequently visited place and therefore provides easier access.